Ethically sourced and fully traceable human primary muscle cells. Functional and biochemical characterization for more meaningfull results.
CellMade Human Primary Aortic Smooth Muscle Cells (HASMC), Umbilical Vein Smooth Muscle Cells (HUVSMC) and Skeletal Muscle Myoblasts
- HAoSMC are isolated from human aorta.
- HUVSMC are isolated from human umbilical vein tissue.
- Skeletal Muscle Myoblasts are isolated from human skeletal muscle tissue.
- Human tissues are sourced via CellMade’s own tissue acquisition network under standardized conditions (temperature, transport medium, transport, delay, …). CellMade manages its own biobank and guarantees full compliance and traceability according to the laws of France.
Muscle Cells isolated are negatively depleted for fibroblasts. Muscle Cells are grown in T25 tissue culture flasks pre-coated with gelatin-based solution for t = 2 min and incubated in CellMade’s Complete Growth Medium, depending on the selected cell model, generally for 3-7 days. Cultures are then expanded. Cells at passage 3 are detached from cell culture flasks and immediately cryopreserved. Each vial contains at least 0.5×106 cells per mL.
Cells can be expanded for up to five 5 passages under the cell culture conditions specified by CellMade.
Product Testing and Functional characterization
- HAoSMC, HUVSMC from CellMade display typical fusiform shape under light microscopy.
- Standard: HAoSMC, HUVSMC are tested for expression of smooth muscle cell markers α-SMA, calponin, SM22, and SM-MHC isoforms (SM1 and SM2) by immunofluorescence staining methods.
- Skeletal Myoblasts are tested for expression of Pax7, M-cadherin, integrin α7, and CD56 by immunofluorescence staining methods
- Functionally characterized: HASMC and HUVSMC are tested for reactivity after cellular stimuli: TGF-ß1 stimulation for increased expression of smooth muscle cell markers α-SMA, calponin, SM22, and SM-MHC isoforms (SM1 and SM2), measured in time-response/dose-response manner via ELISA methods.
- All CellMade primary cell models test negative for TVO, Moulds, Yeasts and Mycoplasmas as tested by PCR methods;
- All CellMade primary cell models test negative for HIV-1, HIV-2, Hepatitis-B and Hepatitis-C as tested by PCR methods and Antibody-methods;
- All CellMade primary cell models are accompanied by a Certificate of Analysis.
- CellMade has established rigorous biochemical quality control programs ensuring the qualification of normal and disease primary cell models;
For further information on our human primary muscle cell products, please refer to the Documentation Centre of this page.
20, impasse des Sources
|CM1401||Cryoconserved Aorta Smooth Muscle Cells (HAoSMC) (>500,000 cells), adult||Complete Growth Medium CM5400||677.00 €|
|CM1403||Cryoconserved Functionally Characterised Aorta Smooth Muscle Cells (HAoSMC) (>500,000 cells), adult||Complete Growth Medium CM5400||885.00 €|
|CM1405||Proliferating Aorta Smooth Muscle Cells (HAoSMC) (2x T75 flasks), adult||Complete Growth Medium CM5400||927.00 €|
|CM1407||Proliferating Functionally Characterised Aorta Smooth Muscle Cells (HAoSMC) (2x T75 flasks), adult||Complete Growth Medium CM5400||1135.00 €|