Food supplements for clinical purpose
CellMade is elucidating the role of specific lipid mediators, acting as circulating inflammatory messengers, and responsible for the spreading of metabolic diseases ignited by Obesity. Among others, Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) is a common pathology developed in overweight/obese patients. CellMade’s lead specialized clinical nutrition product, CLM-101, co-developed along with a diagnostic and prognostic biomarker, CLM-BM-001, is evaluated for indications in the treatment of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, preventing the progression to later stages of NAFLD.
Food supplements for clinical purpose (Or: specialized clinical nutrition) refers to a group of clinical food products used under the supervision of health practitioners for the nutritional management of disease. Clinical nutrition products address distinct nutritional requirements and provide adequate amounts of nutrients to the specific patient group. Clinical nutrition is supplied to patients under different formats, such as beverages, foods or supplement-like formats.
CellMade develops a revolutionary class of specialized clinical nutrition. CLM-101 intervenes on key biochemical targets that are at the basis of the onset of the diverse noxious pathways ignited by Obesity and leading to the progression of NAFLD. Given that these disruptions are responsible for the progression from NAFL to NASH and further to other comorbidities, CLM-101 will significantly limit the number of patients progressing to advanced and potentially life-threatening pathologies.
- We have a deep understanding of the biology of metabolic diseases.
- Our unique technology platform uses the « from humans for humans’ approach », using proprietary in vitro and ex vivo human-origin study models.
- We combine early diagnosis with preventive treatment, thus addressing our clinical nutrition products to specific patient populations that have real need of preventive disease management solutions.
- We are a key industry partner, with an innovative portfolio of premium metabolic biomarkers and medical nutrition formulations.
- With selected industrial partners, we focus on the highest safety, regulatory and quality requirements. A specific regulatory environment applies to the medical nutrition field. Specific regulations in respective countries on the ingredients used, for the intended use and claims made on the final product have to be observe
For further information on our specialized clinical nutrition products, please refer to the Documents Centre of this page.
20, impasse des Sources